Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Calais Supercharged

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i am getting teary eyed about the vt calais i "almost" bought but didnt because of some arguments with the parents.
the whiiiiine, the whiiiiiine.....:supersad:

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
haven't picked it up yet. Waiting for 2 calls. Expecting one some time this afternoon to book settlement with financier and one from the dealer telling me they've finished detailing it.

I can't wait to hear that whine :D I will never need to put a good stereo in it because that whine will be all the music my ears ever need

woooooohooooooooo!!!

oh and having it will make me want to organise another cruise hehe.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
aaarrrggghhh the bastards are making me wait!!

I have been to the bank now and sorted out their crap... now all thats left to do is take delivery of the car. Unfortunately its taking them longer than anticipated to respray the bonnet. Damn 7 coats of paint!!!

It is expected that I will be able to take delivery on thursday afternoon.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
GOT IT!! :D

ohhhh the powaaaa!!

the WHINEEE!!!!

*laughs maniacally*

I've got a list of small electrical problems that I will need to take it back to the dealer for to get them to fix unfortunately. Some things I will do myself, but some I'd rather they pay for the replacement parts hehe.

* When they replaced window regulator, they didnt install it properly and the window doesnt sit properly in the channels (read: it will leak if it rains)

* Electric antenna is bent just enough to stop it fully retracting. I'll prolly go to super cheap and get a replacement aerial just because i dont want a half-assed "straightened with pliers" fix on that.

* Climate control when on 'auto' only blows cold air even when set on 30 degrees. However, when you select 'full heat' it goes scorching hot, so it must be a problem with the temperature detection in the climate control unit rather than the servos

* Rear drivers side reading lamp is cracked. I will try and source a plastic bit myself (btw anyone got one? :D)

* Window washer jets only trickle for some reason.

* Door locks seem to be doing funny things, such as u can hear the locks trying to open a few more times after u press the button on the remote. I think this is because the key itself is faulty and the unlock button is sticking or something, because it stops after a short while and when the key isnt near the car it doesnt do it.

But even with its little issues,

:yeah:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Hey Shaggerz...you'll be going broke at the bowser like me now... you wont be able to keep a tank of fuel in it long... he he he :yeah:

Urm..with your window washers check all the fittings where the hoses join....sometimes they leak...the yard that I got mine from put too much soap in the washer bottle so I was blasting away with the wipers to empty it and I blew the hose straight off where it joined near the bonnet hinge...LOL...I filled the washer bottle up at least 3 times with water and soap was still coming out of the jets...when the hose came off I thought I had burnt the motor out cause nothing was coming out the jets...until I noticed the leak coming out the fender. :bang: