Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs calais wont start unless i kit unlock before i start

scottmcguinness172

Reaction score
hey all i have noticed my vs calais wont start unless i hit unlock on the key before it start it. if i dont do it, it will not start what is going on its real annoying???

cheers

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
can you turn the key at all?
or do you turn it and it just wont kick over

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Same thing happened to me. Your battery or keyhead needs to be replaced.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Check the above first, then do a code check. Is the red globe under the stereo flashing? If so this is probably due to the 'theft deterrent signal missing' which is why you need to hit unlock again. This is a BCM related issue. I've found a new BCM and keyhead is the easiest solution.

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Once, the battery died in my keyhead. The missus was out with our newborn boy and it was like a 30+ degree day. Not good!

Had to rush home and grab the spare key.

Ended up taking the key to Holden where they replaced both the battery and keyhead. This eliminated the process of hitting unlock before i crank the key over. So either the keyhead or battery resolved the issue.

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
This also happens with my vs. However, i know my battery is rooted. Try and eliminate everything first, because bcm's are expensive.

scottmcguinness172

Reaction score
yes the security light flashes the key will turn reds will come on but no fire untill i hit unlock then it will fire so a new BCM and key head is needed?

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
Are the metal bits around the ignition making contact with the keyhead? May just have to bend them out a little.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Are the metal bits around the ignition making contact with the keyhead? May just have to bend them out a little.

Yeah. Make sure that the little ball that sticks out on your key head next to the actual key hasn't pushed in. I had exact same problem, codes pulled said 'slip key ring failure'. I just pulled the key apart and moved the little ball, which is on the end of a small metal rod, out and glued it in place. I added some foil to make sure the contacts were all touching.