Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Caprice Idle Problem

Danie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
I have had a few idle problems with my VS, ive read the other post on this but it hasnt been much help. I was thinking maybe someone could give me a few ideas. The car idles up and down, backfires when i rev it. The rev gauge constantly bounces up and down erratically and so does my monster tacho. Also the fuel average has gone up heaps. I tried changes the plugs and leads, new oxy censor, cleaned the throttle body And just today changed the IAC motor. Given the car a full service with new oil and fuel filter.. but still no change. Everytime i take it someplace, every mechanic says its something different. Im totally stuck here on what the problem could be. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
v6 or v8 bud

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if its V8 and rev counters going mad ide be looking at the ignition module coil and dizzy

Danie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Its a V8, and i forgot, i actually didnt change the oxy censor yet :S, Thought i did, but yeh.. Umm, forgive me, but What is the ignition module?????

Danie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Should also mention i took the car to holden to hook it up to the computer and that came up clear

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Should also mention i took the car to holden to hook it up to the computer and that came up clear

Couldn't you do that at home as everyone else has done? Or am i missing something?

Danie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Okay.. Um.. if i knew HOW to do it at home, i would have, But my ex bf has a mate at holden and they did it cheap for me so thats why i took it there