Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Caprice Series 1 Manual Conversion

jones-84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
hey guys im new here so hoping i got the right area :)
im converting my 1996 vs caprice v8 to manual in 2 weeks and just want a little heads up on any complications i may run into
i have all the parts. im just a little unsure about:
1. can i run my original ecu and memcal or just change the memcal or both :)
2. is there a gearbox harness that is simply plug in and play or if not
3. the neutral switch
4. the reverse light switch
5. getting the speedo 2 function

everything else i can work out

the doner car is a 1997 vs caprice that has been converted but BEFORE the current owner purchased it. so he hasnt a clue on how it was done
hes not sure what computer is running but when changing into 5th gear the engine light appears
any help would be greatly appriciated

email is [email protected]

jones-84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
i checked the guide... its great but still doesnt help me with the ecu and harness

jones-84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
ok i finished the conversion har to replace entire engine loom and im using a vr ss manual computer... 2 problems i got no speedo still and my engine light comes on quite often, i believe when cruzing in fifth..... other than that everything is great :) she flys

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
hmm with mine my engine light was always on(auto ecu and loom) untill i got foamy to make me a chip to suit it now i have no dramas with that....and the speedo...its easy just conect the purple/white wire to one under the dash that leads to the cluster(u can get to it but looking under the cluster on the drivers side. conect the pink (i think its pink) to a + wire somewhere...i used my cig lighter...then ground the black one....oh and remember to cut the purple and white wires that go to the ecu...not a hard job at all...hope that helps...oh and u can use the auto loom u just gotta get the neutral and reverse wires sorted..

jimmig81

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WH
This thred is rely good cause i wanted to convert my VS stata v6 to a v8 manual thanks for the info