Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Car Bra

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Acclaim
Hey, ive had my VS for almost 3 weeks now (OMG it rulz!) and ive yet 2 find a use for the car bra that it came with. What exactly am I meant 2 do with this thing? And is there any1 who would b interested in buyin it off me?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
You mean you don't know what it is? Or do you mean it's stupid and don't want it anymore? I'm gonna buy a car bra for my Senator, sick of using Meguiars gear to get the dead bugs off my car after a highway cruise etc.

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
i mean i dunno wat it does, or y i need it.

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
n yea if u want it lemme kno

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
it's a form of protection for the front end of your car. think along the lines of the acryllic bonnet and headlamp protectors that are factory fitted. A car bra does a similar thing, but whilst also protecting the paint, grilles, driving lights etc. And i believe it is an easier alternative to the acryllic stuff.
I have one and i swear by it for highway driving. I have done one 500km odd trip without it since i moved out of home, and i nearly cried at the amount of chips that were on the bonnet after. I'd touched up the chips with paint not long before so i knew they were from that single trip.

Not much use in the city, but highway and country it protects from bug splatter, stones and rocks, road grime, anything that trucks or other cars can fling up at it.
Toddlez, is yours designed for your car with the kit and such, or for a standard commodore front?

Toddlez

Reaction score
Members Ride
um i think its made 4 the kit, do u wanna c a foto?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
hmm i think it might be a stock one bud. any1 else with a stock or HSV one, post and tell me if i'm right or not...

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
I think the only ones to come with, or to fit the cars, were only hsv ones, but i maybe wrong.
a mate of mine had one on his hsv ute.
and i cant say ive seem them on a stock como before.