Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Climate Control Screen Colour Change

Fenners

Fenners
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Berlina Wagon
How do I change the screen colour to blue?
There is two globes that light up the buttons and they are changed but the screen continues to be green.
What do I have to change/do to change this?

I know, for example, the trip computer screen on level 3 dashes you have to take out the green defuses and replace the LED's behind, so I am guessing that this screen will be something similar, but I can't see how it lights up, as there is no globes behind it.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
How do I change the screen colour to blue?
There is two globes that light up the buttons and they are changed but the screen continues to be green.
What do I have to change/do to change this?

I know, for example, the trip computer screen on level 3 dashes you have to take out the green defuses and replace the LED's behind, so I am guessing that this screen will be something similar, but I can't see how it lights up, as there is no globes behind it.

The 2 tube globes light up the plastic behind the green difuser

Fenners

Fenners
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Berlina Wagon
so i have to remove the tube globes and solder in led's?? Thanks

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
so i have to remove the tube globes and solder in led's?? Thanks

Yep did this to my VN the other day - also removed the plastic stand it was on and the white backing strip inside the front cover where it says "climate control"

Fenners

Fenners
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Berlina Wagon
hey thanks for this, did you just use one led to replace the tube globe or more and was it just a t5 of something different??

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey thanks for this, did you just use one led to replace the tube globe or more and was it just a t5 of something different??

There is 2 tubes. I pulled the base of 2 x T5's blue spark LED's and aimed them at the thick clear plartic that the LCD screen sits on.

So far I have done 2. Photo in my other photo album in my profile. The screen had bleeds through it and had the green difuser removed. Much better even spread of blue.

The second one I left the difuser in and you can see a "dead spot" where the temp is displayed.

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
I know I am bumping up an old thread here, but how did you go about removing the green defuser? I have a spare climate control I want to try this on and I can't seem to figure this out.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
easiest way is 2 desolder the LCD screens pins.

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Ah ok, I figured that would be the case. I am comfortable doing this, I was just hoping for an easier solution. Thanks anyway :)