Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Climate control

cat_walk_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Aclaim II 3.8Ltr
looking at getting climate control for my VS, does anyone know if the unit goes straight into a VS aclaim?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Climate control is a massive job, the module will go in but it does not simply plug and play. Different heater box, cabin sensors, looms, etc...

If you're still keen, 88GreenVN did it (anybody correct me if I'm wrong).

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
It can be done but is one massive job! I did it just for the sake of doing it and replaced the heater core at the same time as mine was leaking badly.
It took me a whole weekend to do so its not for the faint hearted and someone who isn't afraid of dealing with the electrics.
I used 88GreenVN's how to and also used a few different manuals to get mine going but I also stripped a lot of wiring out of a wreck to do the job.

The entire job will require the HVAC unit to be changed to some degree and also the removal of the dash and also the AC pipes, so its better if the AC is not working in the first place.

I have done this in my VR work hack but luckily it has worked out for the best so far

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Well there you go - it can be done on a VR/VS without swapping to a L3 loom.

A weekend is about right - if you know how to take the dash apart - bit longer if you've not donre it before.

scoota72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr with ecotec
i just did it to my vr ute and yeah its a big job but i had a complete vs wreck sitting next to me to take it all from. just watch out for the heater pipes cause they will hold the unit in there and you dont want to bend them to much.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
i just did it to my vr ute and yeah its a big job but i had a complete vs wreck sitting next to me to take it all from. just watch out for the heater pipes cause they will hold the unit in there and you dont want to bend them to much.

Did you swap looms aor graft it in - did everything work after the install - like rear demister?