Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs climate control

frenzal_tom

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina
just wanting to know y sometimes air comes thru the vents when climate control is off and and other times no air comes thru.....

volotre

Reaction score
Members Ride
As often as possible
Mine does that but I notice that it deoends on how fast 'm going and how windy it is outside. In other words the faster I go and more widy it is outside, the more air that comes through.
I think it's a supposed safety feature to stop the driver getting snoozy.

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
yeah mine 2 but my fan stays on with the car off and locked and the heater relays and fuses out for heater controls so i dunno but im looking into it

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
just wanting to know y sometimes air comes thru the vents when climate control is off and and other times no air comes thru.....

I don't have climate control... But in the standard system, if the fan is set to off you still get airflow. And the hot/cold dial still effects it's temp. From memory, the air coming out does depend on speed.. Ergo, turning the fan off doesn't close the vent intake(s), it just stops sucking air in though it.

Jamie C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK berlina
Vk 202

im looking for a mild cam for my vk dose anyone have one or know anywhere to get one?:bang:

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
climate fan speed resistor

im looking for a fan speed resistor for vr climate control so please any body help :bow:

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
If you don't want any air coming through turn your climate off and then hit the recirculation button.

rdvark

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr + VS
im looking for a fan speed resistor for vr climate control so please any body help :bow:

If not done already, try the wreckers or pay Holden about $200 for a new one. I fixed mine as per the method mentioned on this site about 6 months ago. Any easy fix for me as a tech and it still works fine. Cheers

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
air is meant to "seep" in. Keeps fresh air running through the cabin. The recirculating button as already will stop this but its only suggested to do so on dusty roads or following smokey cars etc