Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs clubby down low go

Hsv807

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
my vs series 2 clubby doesnt seem to have much go down low until it gets up in the revs a bit, is that just normal? ive never driven any others so i have no idea, thanks. its an auto, and totally stock

Hsv807

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
do the twin exhaust systems on them maybe steal a bit of low down go?

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
a higher diff gear ratio will help acceleration down in the low revs

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Seems odd, thats really only where the old 5ltr has a bit of go. Generally they go great between 1500-4000 rpm. Outside of that they are a bit hard up.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The standard 5l seems to have a lot of torque and idle but bogs down a little until the revs get up. If you want to do a fast start you will have to stall up the engine. Left foot hard on brake, right foot on accelerator push down on accelerator for about one or two seconds (you will feel the back of the car go down) then release brake and push accelerator down to the floor. Don't stall it up for more than one or two seconds or you will damage the trans.

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 S II HBD VY SS , 04 VY S II Executive
well i got a completely stock series II vs clubby too, but manual. Max torques at 3600 rpm and you can feel it with manual. A stock hsv clubby vs extractor is like a 4 into 1 so max torque is higher, so im gettin the aftermarket twin 2.5" tri Y's for her to get better punch down low. Also when i was shopping around for my Clubby i came across another vs clubby all stock except for a twin 3" high flow system right through, and when i drove that thing ( with 4 ppl in the car) it just wouldnt hold back, it pulled like a chained up horny Bull!!! im convinced its gonna be an excellent mod for some more street credit:beer chug: