Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs clubsport dyno results not impressed :(

meni469

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
hey guys own vs clubsport recently been rebuilt 10.1 comp flat top pistons, cam, edelbrock throttle bodt high rise manifold k&nfilter , hardened vavle springs n push rods , 500 hp fuel pump fuel reg 38lb fuel injectors also 2.5 inch cat back exhaust with magnaflow rear sports muffler and set of pacemaker extractors i recently dyoned it and not happy at all the the tune and preformance i noticed from take off i get a back fire when i put my foot to the throttle backfire comes from throttle body also doesnt seem like it has guts from 1st n 2nd gear but once im in 3rd gear around 3500rpm mark shes goes real well not sure wat it might be afew people have told me the single system would be letting it down hrm

also gearbox rebuilt stock with heavy duty clutch also diff rebuilt with 3,9 gear ratio ?? any ideas people what might be cause of this feels like wants to go harder but somethings letting it down??

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Sounds like it could be timing/intake/heads and/or cam choice.. but it also sounds like a fresh install, Yes/No???

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
you'll need tune for sure to control those injectors, be running a bit richer, especially with the bigger pump behind it.

meni469

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
yes its a fresh install when the tuner said he tried retard the timing to get more power but was gaining same power ?? im assuming he didnt do a good job on tune and has missed things??

meni469

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
yes its fresh install well my bros dyno friend said he done a vn 5.0l with just a cam and twin system and gained 300hp he said forsure sumthings not tuned right and also said get a twin system then go a see him for a dyno tune he thinks i should be gettin a 300 + 350hp well his like man you should be able to punch the throttle in 1st gear and spin the rear tyres no problem expercially with the 20s??

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
well backfiring would be running to rich

meni469

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
what about when taking off its shakes instead of taking off smooth ???

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
too much fuel, timing out, i dont know im not there, your tuner should have been able to sort it out, especially on the dyno. It defiantly wont run right on a stock tune that's for sure.

meni469

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
im going to get the twin system fitted up then find another tuner and hopefully fingers crossed its all solved after that hope soo !!