Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Clubsport not starting

Jodamis

HSV911
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Aclaim
Hi. I have a VS Clubby and it wont start. Its had the starter replaced and nothing!!
Its an auto.
The instrument lights come on but nothing happens when I turn the ignition (not even a click). Can anyone help??

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Is it cranking? Or is it just not kicking over or what? Fuel pump priming?

Check your battery, coils, leads, spark plugs, etc etc etc!!!

What exactly is it doing? Need more info to give you a better answer.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Try moving the T Bar to N, then back to P and see if it starts....sometimes the inhibiter switch in the T bar can move.

Jodamis

HSV911
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Aclaim
Hi HamaTime. It is not cranking at all. When the ignition is turned on, there is a noise that may be the fuel pump (not 100% sure). What has happened is, the car has had a small hit to the front drivers side. It has crushed the battery, so I am trying to start it using jumper leads to a good battery (fully charged). I have checked the fuses and they are all ok. I have no idea where to go now.
Thanks for your time.

Jodamis

HSV911
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Aclaim
Hi Hako. Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried that with no luck.
Warm regards

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Try moving the T bar! Edit - you did!....bad luck. When the battery got crushed, it probably also damaged the relay bank and/or the fusible links....when metal crumples, it can crumple far away from the point of impact.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Drivers side, battery crushed = earth probably screwed as well. Commodores have pretty undpredictable earths in the engine bay.

Try jump starting, try starting with a different earth etc.

Jodamis

HSV911
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Aclaim
AH. I was truely hoping it wasn't that. I have had a look at the fuse and relay bank and at first site it looks ok, but I might go further into it.
Thanks again for your time.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hi Hako. Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried that with no luck.
Warm regards

Well since the fuel pump is going, from what you heard, do you have lights and full beam? If so the battery should be ok, even a flatish battery will cause the starter to at least click rapidly.
I Know exactly what you are talking about mate, the mrs VR did the same thing monday just gone, lights, park, neutral, Security light off, tried both keys, remotes worked, but just utter silence besides the fuel pump. So i came home, i just stuck the key in and it started straight away, only thing i could think of it poured ran the previous night and something got wet, and dried out by the time i got home.