Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Clubsport Series 2 T5 or Getrag

Maltese2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV Manual
Hey guys, my series 2 VS Clubsport has a 5 speed box and I’m not sure whether it’s a T5 or a Getrag. I’ve done some research and found that the VS commodore went from T5 in series 1, to Getrag in series 2. But I’m not sure if that’s regarding both V6 and V8. Then I read elsewhere the series 2 V8 retained the T5 and only the V6 switched over to the Getrag. Is there any way to tell which box I’ve got? Can anyone else confirm?

Thanks in advance.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
getrag has a tooth ring gear on the output shaft with 2 wire sensor, the t5 has a 3 wire sensor that screws on the side

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Easy one is that Getrag has a hydraulic clutch (so clutch master cylinder in the engine bay) and T5 is a cable clutch. T5 has the CV looking gear shifter boot and Getrag has the sock/leather type one.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Pretty certain getrag came out with vt/ vsiii ute/ maloo= so only vs vechices = factory vsiii utes had getrag boxes. ( because only other vsiii were statesman etc= atou only ).
Even HSV Signature for Success ( book = history of HSV ) doesn't mention getrag box until vt / vs iii = vsii at vt