Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Clubsport Warning Chimes?? Help Please

J

jenNT

Hi Everyone, I need some advice regarding my VS Clubsport please.
Today it has started making a chiming noise intermitently.. 1 min, then 30 secs apart then back to 1 minute apart,similar to a low fuel or overspeed chime but of longer duration. I have read that it could be the temp gauge but am assuming worse. Don't know if this means anything,there is a brake light that needs replacing and the ABS light has come on here and there over the last 2 weeks. I live in a small town and any advice would be grateful.
Cheers :thumbsup:

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i reckon its something to do with your abs.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
ABS doesnt have a warning chime afaik... somethings definitely screwy though. No other indicators? could the be handbrake warning. Check the handbrake warning bulb isnt blown and if it is, replace it and see if it intermittently lights up. If it does, then your handbrake switch is probably crook.

frenzal_tom

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina
ABS doesnt have a warning chime afaik... somethings definitely screwy though. No other indicators? could the be handbrake warning. Check the handbrake warning bulb isnt blown and if it is, replace it and see if it intermittently lights up. If it does, then your handbrake switch is probably crook.

Yeh ive been having exactly the same problem, but for some reason it only happens in the arvo on the way home?!?!
is there a way of removing the stupid chime!! or how to fix :thumbsup:

J

jenNT

Thanks everyone.We think it does indeed have something to do with the handbrake.The light doesn't come on and from memory i accidently left the handbrake up a fraction awhile ago and the chime is the same, like your'e driving with the handbrake on.:bang:

thanks Jen