Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs clutch cable

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
hey guys having a few dramas with my t5 clutch cable at the moment.
the old cable was worn so i bought a new one from preston motors. so i installed it and tried to adjust it up but it does nothing at all it needs like another inch of adjustment on the thread. would they have given me the wrong cable? is there a difference btween v6 & v8 and also vr & vs thanks

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
could also be an incorrect pivot point or even worse a bending or snapped clutch fork, i had the same problems i thought it was a dropped clutch cos i couldnt adjut it. ending up snapping the clutch fork

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
is there a difference btween v6 & v8 and also vr & vs thanks

There is no difference between VR and VS, but there is about a 30mm difference between V6 and V8 T5 clutch cables. If all your adjustments are correct and its installed correctly then it is possible you've been given the wrong one.

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
i dont think it is the clutch fork my mate from holden came over to have a look at it and he reckons the fork is ok. im thinking its the cable somehow as the old one on it gave me a bit of pedal but i couldnt get anymore adjustment out of it as it was to stretched maybe theyve given me a v8 one

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
ok guys i put my old clutch cable in and maxed out the adjustment and now i can grab gears so obviously holden has given me the wrong cable thanks for all the help and suggestions guys