Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Clutch Slipping?

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Round abouts i think you will spend at least $1200 for a solid flywheel conversion kit for it. Then add on labour (just for example) my local wrecker charges $400 for gearbox in and out.

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
=[

I dont like you guys any more. Lol. Nah thanks for that aye will have to start scraping cents together

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
sorrry for all the bad news........cheeers
=[

I dont like you guys any more. Lol. Nah thanks for that aye will have to start scraping cents together

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Just an update guys, got my cents together and about to start throwing it at the car. Ive been told that it could very well only be just the synchros? (Referring to the crunching noise between gears) Are they expensive to replace in the S2? Im not going to attempt it myself not enough knowledge to dive that far into messing with the car.

But as previously suggested i took it to a hill tried to go in 4th the revs didnt go anywhere but the car didnt want to attempt the hill (obviously).

Also when driving after a while car gets warmed up take it to a "private property" ill give it some then when i go to change gears the revs go through the roof and slowly gets into gear, is that normal? Seems like a gremlin because times it will slip out but then other time it will slam into gear :/

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Sounds to me like your front G/BOx seal maybe gone, and is leaking oil onto the clutch. Check that out maybe, or explain that to your mech and have them sus it.

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Yeah, will do mate cheers. Hoping to get it in sometime next week