Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs commodore brake lights

Hully88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore ute
This is my first time posting something beacause I'm all out of ideas. Noticed my cruise wouldn't engage in my VS commodore ute a few weeks ago, only the CRS light comes on but the orange light won't come on. Started some research on it and found it could relate to the brakes so I've checked fuses, globes, and have replaced both cruise switch and brake switch and still can not figure it out for the life of me, does anyone have any ideas what els this could possibly be????????? I'm about ready to push the damn thing off a cliff!!

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Is the ute auto or manual.

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Check the adjustment of the switches. They shouldn't be touching the pedal until the pedal moves to apply the brakes, thus disengaging the cruise, if the switch is being pressed by the brake pedal without the pedal moving the cruise will not engage

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I've checked fuses, globes,

Have you checked that they both light up when you actually stomp on the brakes? If you're just looking at the parker lights then that won't help.

You're lights aren't LED by chance?

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
I
Check the adjustment of the switches. They shouldn't be touching the pedal until the pedal moves to apply the brakes, thus disengaging the cruise, if the switch is being pressed by the brake pedal without the pedal moving the cruise will not engage
am a bit confused here. Doesn't the switch always touch the pedal. It is the pedal that activates the switches. As the pedal moves out the switch is activated??