Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs commodore cluster

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
After you change gear manually turn it over to check odometer is working,can still have broken bits in there or be stuck that way after long time broken.

I don't bother taking speedo face apart just drill small hole at the back where 2nd screw is for srewdriver..saves time & hassle.

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
just drill small hole at the back where 2nd screw is for screwdriver..saves time & hassle.

Really ? .................. I've never had to resort to such measures

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
No need to touch speedo face or needle...easy & much quicker.

Pet peeve trying to fix a speedo after owner has scratched/marked speedo face or damaged needle then have to fix whatever else they've done to cluster.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
no shortage of second hand replacement speedos at this point in time, but in another 3 years I'm sure things will be rather different with most VR ~ VS models gone through "Auschwitz for Automobiles", thus why I'm stockpiling good interior parts while they are still out there.

I remember a few short years ago the aisles at U-pull-it were full of VK's and VL's, now not a VL in sight as they are rapidly munching through VS and VT~VX at an alarming rate. Sadly so much on these vehicles is just torn apart and goes to scrap without a second of thought about it as their core business is not wrecking cars, but rather "Scrap Metal".

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Over here vs-vt are starting to dwindle...wreckers don't keep them long.

They either overprice parts or at cheaper self serve yards gronks break everything...tend to just fix whatever customer brings me if it can be saved.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
or at cheaper self serve yards gronks break everything

Absolutely as that's what happens at U-pull-it. Every dash fascia just gets yanked out and has most of its tabs snapped off thus I go there regularly to get to these vehicles prior to these idiots getting to them first. Every instrument cluster gets ripped apart and destroyed in the aim of finding a good odometer gear to stick into their pocket and knock it off. Good interior plastic ware is getting harder and harder to come by as every day goes past.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
yeah around these parts they use a bowie knife and a hammer to get most parts off @ U steal it.....That said I have found that they are lazy little f**kers and the cars furthest away form the entrance tend to be a bit more intact.....Meh Ive pretty much given up on self serve yards, now I go to old skool wreckers or slumtree home wreckers :)

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I just go to u-pull-it to check for any loose change down the back seat;)

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just go to u-pull-it to check for any loose change down the back seat;)

so your the one that wrecks all the rear seats so that they can never be used again !!!

I've found many a rear seat that would've been perfect for a vehicle that I was restoring had it not been for the ???????????