Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Commodore Cutting out while driving

brianthedigger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
Hey,Just wondering if anyone can help me out,I've just had my front engine mounts done,ever since then my car has lost power and feels sluggish and once it warms up it is cutting out while i am driving,but it starts up with no problem.I've taken it to a auto electrician and he said everything was good.I had the crank angle sensor replaced about a year and a half ago.Also wondering can incorrect tension on the drive belt cause this to happen because when i got my engine mounts done since then i have a noise coming from my tension idler pulley and i read in a vs manual that this can cause overheating etc(its been running a bit warm but not overheating).was thinking the mechanic might of not have put the belt back on at the right tension.Any help would be great thanks

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
If the Belt is nice and tight, then there shouldn't be any problems there. When you are turn your car to the on position can you hear the fuel pump prime? There could be a slight blockage somewhere... Might need your injectors cleaning. I would also look at your Ignition coils and DFI module (The plate that the Ignition coils sit on). Have you checked your Spark Plugs? Also your spark plug leads?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
You can't adjust the tension of the belt (it's self-adjusting) and the reason a faulty/slipping belt will cause overheating is because it also drives the water pump pulley and won't be able to drive it properly.

brianthedigger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
yeah in the end it turned out to be the crank angle sensor,must of got a dud one last time.Thanks for your help