Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Commodore dash cluster swap.

v8turtles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 manual Commodore Ute
HI everyone,

Just wanting to know my odometer has stopped working. I replaced the sun gear, which was missing a couple of teeth, but its still not working?
Any clues? my dash is the one without a Tacho (Just fuel, speedo, temp) If I have a whole new dash out of a Vs V6 same as mine but its an auto and it has the four gauges in it ( tacho, speedo, fuel, temp). Can I put it in my ute and will it work? or do I need to change things around?
Thankyou

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Did you check to make sure the missing teeth weren't still floating around in there ?

Try removing the cluster and winding the cog manually until it clicks over say 5 - 10 kms and replace.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
If I have a whole new dash out of a Vs V6 same as mine but its an auto and it has the four gauges in it ( tacho, speedo, fuel, temp). Can I put it in my ute and will it work? or do I need to change things around?
Should be plug and play auto doesn't make any difference

Smokey1

Reaction score
HI everyone,

Just wanting to know my odometer has stopped working. I replaced the sun gear, which was missing a couple of teeth, but its still not working?
Any clues? my dash is the one without a Tacho (Just fuel, speedo, temp) If I have a whole new dash out of a Vs V6 same as mine but its an auto and it has the four gauges in it ( tacho, speedo, fuel, temp). Can I put it in my ute and will it work? or do I need to change things around?
Thankyou

same problem, haven't touched anything on it yet, looking at swapping analog cluster for digital cluster out of Calais/statesman, will this work? has anyone try this before?