Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore Fuel Regulator

Blue_Midnight

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Esteem
Hi,
I need to replace the fuel regulator on my 97 vs commodore,, but I’m not sure where it is..
can someone help me find it, or is there a good video online?
Thanks

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's the little cylindrical object on the end of the fuel rail on the drivers side, has hose coming out of it going to the steel fuel line and a small vacuum line coming from the other end going plenum. To remove you will need to lift out the fuel rail and then remove the screw in the tab holding the fuel pressure regulator in place. It's got an O ring on it and it will be hard to move. I recommend getting some engine degreaser and giving the intake manifold a good clean especially around all the injector bosses. You will need to remove the plenum lid and undo the bolts holding the plenum to the LIM as the injector rail is mounted to the bottom of the plenum. When it comes time to re-fit put a little vaseline on each injector O ring as this will reduce the likely hood of damaging an O ring when re-inserting the injectors.

Google is your friend....
FPR-017-Z01.jpg

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
It's the little cylindrical object on the end of the fuel rail on the drivers side, has hose coming out of it going to the steel fuel line and a small vacuum line coming from the other end going plenum. To remove you will need to lift out the fuel rail and then remove the screw in the tab holding the fuel pressure regulator in place. It's got an O ring on it and it will be hard to move. I recommend getting some engine degreaser and giving the intake manifold a good clean especially around all the injector bosses. You will need to remove the plenum lid and undo the bolts holding the plenum to the LIM as the injector rail is mounted to the bottom of the plenum. When it comes time to re-fit put a little vaseline on each injector O ring as this will reduce the likely hood of damaging an O ring when re-inserting the injectors.

Google is your friend....
FPR-017-Z01.jpg

Here.
hPQmm9g.jpg

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Another great google image :)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
No engine in the back yard :p

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you posted the image before? I'm sure I saw it but didn't use it as I thought it didn't reflect the location in the bay.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think so. Your right I`ll get a better pic tomorrow.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Its scary that the op can post on here but is unable to google vs commodore fuel regulator o_O:eek:

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, isn't google amazing....