Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs commodore got milky oil

snowy213

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
hi i got a problem with my vs commodore its got oil an water mixed together on the dipstick was running fine when i found the oil an water mix doesnt blow any water out of the radiator runs fine does anyone have any suggestions at what it could be a manifold gasket or head gasket maybe????

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Welcome to the forum.
First thing I'd do is screw out the plugs and inspect each plug - do a GOOGLE for what to look for (sparkplug colour). This will tell you if coolant is leaking into the combustion chambers.
Does it use any coolant?

snowy213

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
hi i have started pulling the engine down after work last nite to see if it is a manifold gasket but yes it was using coolant but car ran fine an wasnt blowing any water out of the radiator so hopefully its nothing to bad fined out in the next few days.

snowy213

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
no water or oil in the cylinders took the manifold off today looks awful gasket is crackedin a few places so just gona decide whether to do the head gasket why i have the manifold fold off as well saves time later if it ever does go cos the car does have high ks

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its most likely the inlets if they look bad i wouldnt bother with the head gaskets unles you are keen and have the tools time and materials may as well drop the valves out and give them a lap with some paste if you pull the heads and slap some valve stem seals in too

snowy213

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
got it apart it was the manifold gasket i have decided to do the head gaskets why i have it pulled down hopefully get a fewmore ks out of the old girl thanks for the help everyone.