Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs commodore help

Drew grant

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Hi can anyone help got a vs Ute a few months ago it misses at idle and when driving have replaced plugs leads coils fuel injectors MAF and jus did engine swap and still runs like crap im stumped

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Check error codes to see what's logged. Missing from your list, is DFI module, and fuel pressure regulator. Worse could be lower intake manifold gaskets, rocker bolts loose, wiring..

Has the symptoms been there since you've bought it or has it recently developed?

Has the Ute been looked after, how many KMs?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Would also be looking at earthing points (particularly block and ECU to chassis) and vacuum leaks. Would also be looking at the loom to make sure it hasn't rubbed through anywhere and is shorting out or letting moisture in. Does it miss at random or does it do it at the same point on every rotation?

Super unlikely, but it could be a dicky ECU output. Luckily swapping the ECU isn't an issue.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I feel this would more than likely be a coil pack issue.

Drew grant

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Check error codes to see what's logged. Missing from your list, is DFI module, and fuel pressure regulator. Worse could be lower intake manifold gaskets, rocker bolts loose, wiring..

Has the symptoms been there since you've bought it or has it recently developed?

Has the Ute been looked after, how many KMs?
Sorry yes I have replaced the DFI I how ever have not replaced the fuel reg on the fuel rail the old motor had done nilly 400,000 the new motor has only done 200,000 the Ute has been looked after it used to be and older guys Ute it had a miss when I first got it but i fixes that with coil packs but this miss has got worse over last 2 weeks that’s why the engine change but still the same

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
New engine with original elec? Alt, coils, leads and sensors? Or full replacement.

If total replacement than possibly loom and earth points

Drew grant

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
New engine with original elec? Alt, coils, leads and sensors? Or full replacement.

If total replacement than possibly loom and earth points
New engine old manifold old alt new coils plugs and lead and used 2 sensors under the motor one on either side off old motor

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Fuel pump, blockage in the fuel line or oxygen sensors. Clean the throttle body just for good measure too.