Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs commodore issues

SAMBORA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Hey guys need some opinions.
my 95 vs commodore ran out of petrol the other week, died at the petrol station, then i filled it up and it was fine for the drive home ( 10 mins). i took it for a drive not long after and it cut out on me, and wouldnt start,,after getting it towed home and leaving it for 5 hours it then started. however when i took it for a drive around the block it cut out again.
i was told to replace fuel filter and fuel pump which was done
then the car seemed to go fine for a few days with no problems. Then after leaving it at work for 6 hours it would not start. at that moment i changed the EFI relay with the high beam relay. still nothing..the next morning i went back to work and fiddled with the injectors and it started but broke down twice on the way home and the engine light was showing, but started back up straight away. after leaving it for a few days the car seemed fine again but now it wont start. sometimes it does but cuts out right away .any help?? thankyou

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Have you checked the CAS it might been playing up

SAMBORA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I havent really checked the crank angle sensor but there was something on here saying like when it cuts out and tip 2 litres of water on it ,, then if it starts up it is the crank angle sensor, when i done that it didnt start but i still dont know how reliable that experiment would be.

SAMBORA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
ill probably go out and get a multimeter to check it properly.

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 S II HBD VY SS , 04 VY S II Executive
do that fault code test, see what you get. Also the was a thread on here somewhere regarding the terminal on the alternator, check that for tightness

SAMBORA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
, i done the fault code test and it told me 46 and 47,, something to do with the cas i believe,, hopefully when i get this changed everything will be fine. thanks