Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore Miss firing Spark/Leads

Vsboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS -97
Hi all im new to the page and owning a commy, I have a 97 Vs i recently noticed a miss when driving under load, I changed the Leads yesterday and it didnt change ...im about to change the spark plugs today, Has anyone got any more insight into what may be causing the problem?

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
Plugs are a good start, my Monaro had a miss mainly noticeable at idle so I replaced the plugs first and that cured it.

LionelG84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina 99
Check your plugs first. If they look ratty, replace.

I had a similar problem with my VT ecotec. I tested the coil packs, all sweet. Then I had a look at the plugs and they were horrific, so I replaced them and she runs smooth.

I just cleaned my throttle body last night, but I haven't gone for a run yet. I'm sure that would have made some difference, as it was sooted up. I also removed my MAF sensor and cleaned that. It was sooty as well.

Cheers,

Lionel

Vsboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS -97
Changed spark plugs didnt change the miss... Gettting some second hand coil packs to see if that does the job.... :(

Vsboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS -97
Also how do i test the coil packs with a multimeter right?

PS im a novice.. second car ive owned so bare with me lol :)