Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs commodore rear speakers

Michael92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 Vs Commodore
heey guys, quick question, I have two 6" kickers that I want to put in the rear of my car, will they fit, and how do i put them in, like how do i the grill's off to get to the speakers?

Cheers,

Michael

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
you need to take the parcel shelf out. take the rear seat out,undo all the clips in the shelf and then just pull the shelf out

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
u can try and pry the grills off and poke the speakers through the hole in the shelf but its quite difficult. your better off just taking the parcel shelf off and making life easy for yourself. i had to my rear seats out to take my parcel shelf off

Michael92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 Vs Commodore
what about the fronts? how do i do the front speakers?

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
For the fronts you need to remove the door trim, search for a how to on here. It's not that hard to do though once you work out how, and probably worth a go yourself. Just be sure the new speakers will fit first, which the should if they are just 6 inches and not a strange design. You can get a small tool to make taking the trim, especially window winder and lock off easier.

Michael92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 Vs Commodore
do i have to take off the whole trim, or just the cover?

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
not in a vr/vs,theres no speakers in the back doors at all,thats not to say it cant be done,just that by the time you stuff around doing it,it would be easier to remove the parcel shelf