Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs commodore rough idle/vibration

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Hi guys, just asking this question i have a vs commodore exc ecotec v6 and the engine seems to idle very roughly and has a bad vibration before you even put it in drive but once you take off and start moving its much better. Have been inspecting but so far no clue as to wat it is...cud it be balance wise? or something more major...thanks in advance

BONSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina S2
having the same problem in a VR

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
yeah i ran the code check and got 76 which is air/fuel ratio variation between left and right banks????

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
yeah i ran the code check and got 76 which is air/fuel ratio variation between left and right banks????

That could mean injector(s) blocked/dirty on one bank or plugs/leads misfiring on one bank or one of the coils dodgy for a start. Unfortunately tracing this type of problem means a process of elimination....I'd lean towards checking plugs and leads first, then the coils.

cyborg66

Reaction score
i had alot of vibtation on my vs and it was the engine mounts that was no good once i replace them vibration was gone

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
hmm engine mounts i did think of that...better go and check them out coz there is no miss in the engine at all just vibration so thats y plugs leads and injectors i dont think are the issue as there is no miss

ant_1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon
Hi,

I'm having the same problem in my VS Berlina Wagon. How did you go with sorting out the vibration? Was it engine mounts?

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
Hi,

I'm having the same problem in my VS Berlina Wagon. How did you go with sorting out the vibration? Was it engine mounts?

Have a look at yours to eliminate the possibility, its easy, but you will have to get under it with a jack and bit of wood.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
These engine mounts collapse before they actually break.With the collapsed ones its hard to tell if they are stuffed or not,you would have to measure where an engine sits in the engine bay when its fitted with new engine mounts then and compare the measurements to the engine sits in the engine bay with the old mounts ..My engine sat about an inch or more higher in the engine bay after replacing them.They helped big time to get rid of a bad vibration. .My car had a bad vibration,I replaced the engine mounts,gearbox mount,the centre bearing and uni joints and all the rear axle control arm bushes.It runs perfectly smooth now.If the actual engine itself is vibrating,(my vibration was from the middle of the car near the transmission), then check the harmonic balancer.If the plugs ,leads and coils show to be ok then the air/fuel variation between cylinders error code could also be caused a bad oxygen sensor on one side, or a vacuum leak on one side of the inlet manifold.

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
These engine mounts collapse before they actually break.With the collapsed ones its hard to tell if they are stuffed or not,you would have to measure where an engine sits in the engine bay when its fitted with new engine mounts then and compare the measurements to the engine sits in the engine bay with the old mounts ...

or you could just jack the engine up with the car on stands, block of wood on sump, trolly jack under and jack up to see if the engine mounts separate. You should be able to see if there stuffed this way.