Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS commodore: Running my 8 guage wire from the battery

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Hi guys,
I'm trying to install my amp in my VS in my boot but l've hit a snag. So far l have the remote wire and rca cables hooked up, all l need is the power. The problem is where the hell can l run my 8 guage wire from my battery to my boot? Can someon please take some photos or something because l'm at a loss at the moment.
Thanks guys.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Rip out the conduity/seal thing from around the back door near the back of the seat, take out the carpet from the boot and you should see a big hole (about an inch diameter) you can run the cable from the front along the door under the plastic seal thing and through that. Start from the bonnet side though.

Near your brake booster there is a grommet, most of the elec stuff runs through that. It comes out in the footwell above the brake under the fuse cover, a bit to the left. You should be able to see where most of the wires are going in and out from the cabin side, if you have a really big screwdriver you can shove it through (careful...of course) and find where it comes out on the bay side. Not _all_ that hard, just follow the cables that are already there.

2_SeeK_U

Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Do l have to drill anything?

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
If you fish around where DJ MAjah is describing im pretty sure there is a spare grommet there for the Clutch Cable if you have an auto you should be able to use that it should be in the same area. Correct me if im wrong someone this is my understanding of it but i did it the dodgy way ran the cable around the engine bay and drilled in behind the glovebox, then ran it to the boot

2_SeeK_U

Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Actually, my car is an auto (unfortunately) and it does make sense that a ruber gromit would be there for a manual. Thanks guys, l'll try it out!!