Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore towing

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there was anyway to make it so that a standard VS exec could get some kind of addon so that it could have that 50mm box hitch addon so that I could slot in a bike rack on the back? Anyone know of such a thing or is it even possible? Going to be towing a dirtbike so tossing up whether it's worth it or just find a cheap trailer and strap her in.

Thanks

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
only thing I know of is to get a hayman reece style tow bar - these have the 50mm box hitch that you are after and you will then have a tow bar for towing a trailer too

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
Thanks for the input guys, the bike im towing is a Dirt bike (sorry forgot to mention) and it came with a free rack that slides into a 50mm hitch but the standard exec i got doesn't have the attachment and that's why i wasn't sure if it was worth chucking the little extra in to get some kind of conversion if it's available to give me that square 50mm connector or just to spend it on a trailer

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
i had a h/reece on my old ute,,i then easierly added a bike rack to the towbar(not sure if the same will work on a sedan?
only thing I know of is to get a hayman reece style tow bar - these have the 50mm box hitch that you are after and you will then have a tow bar for towing a trailer too