Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore Ute 2 Seats to Bench Seat conversion

Driver100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Hi, I am looking to install a bench seat into my VS commodore 2 seater ute. I don't think it should be too hard as the handbrake is already located on the right of the driver's seat. I have searched the web a lot but can't seem to find anywhere I can buy the new seat anywhere? Also, any tips on how to install it would be much appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
If you already have the hand brake to the right of the drivers seat, then this tells me it was originally a 3 seater and someone had converted it to a 3 seater, thus it would be just a matter of removing the current seats and bolting in the original type extended left hand seat. BTW is yours a column shift auto or a manual transmission fitted car ?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Couldn't find any detail on the bench seat in the Holden Service Manual. The attached items for the split bench seat may be of help to you.

Attachments

• Bucket and Split Seat Assembly.pdf
    269.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Front Bucket Seat Assembly.pdf
    240.9 KB · Views: 220

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yep if handbrake is still bolted up to bracket between seat & sill panel car was probably factory benchseat...will either be column shift auto or floor shift manual.

Different seatbelts & middle seat bracket welded to passenger seat.

Can only buy second hand most will be in terrible shape usually started life as tradie ute.