Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs cranking issue

Turbovg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg v6 ute
Hi folks

i just got a vs not long ago an was running good but the last week it took a littlebit more than usual to windover, i went shopping came back an it wouldnt start no crank nothing my first thought was startermotor because i had power to everything but it wouldnt even crankover.

anyway changed that over in the car park an sure enough still nothing so i tested the battery that was fully charged bench tested the 2x startermotors both were mint relays anything an everything I could think of but still no luck im quite lost at this point i done a diagnostic’s test an that came back at 12 which is clear so im kind of lost at this point

just to clarify ive checked power to starter, battery, fuses & relays, changed the bcm & remote as i thought the key was the issue but still nothing

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
NSS? Have you tried bridging the relay?

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Been there done everything you mentioned, I ended up splicing a push button start into wire 87 & 30 at the relay plug, and wired in a hidden kill switch so the push button wouldn't work now it starts first time and every time.

Turbovg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg v6 ute
Yup tried that & NSS was next on my list the only reason i havent tried it yet is that the car was just taking longer to crank over so i asummed the starter was slowly giving in, o yeah that could be the go i might look into that in the morning frustrating as hell

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Tried posting in the VS section, and are your terminals clean?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Im an idiot im always reading in the vn section didnt even think about it Lol & yeap all clean an tight
And the earth connections to the body/engine?

Turbovg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg v6 ute
And the earth connections to the body/engine?

theyre all tight no corrosion etc, it’s weird because it took longer an longer to start each day untill yesterday then it wont even crank over

Turbovg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg v6 ute
Ok bit of an update I hooked my jump pack straight to the starter an arc’d it out an it wound over but wouldnt start which made me think maybe the power wire going to the starter was a dud,

anyway i went off had a coffee an came back an thought ill check the battery voltage again checked it an it read 11.8v, i chucked another battery in it an it started up which had me confused because the battery was at 13. Somthing volts when i first had the issue even a jumpstart wouldnt start it so my only guess would have been the starter was all gunked up and with me removing it an reinstalling it helped the connections somehow? An the battery voltage droping due to starting it over an over while trying to narrow down the issue

glad thats out cheerss for the help