Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Cruise control, what parts?

Clacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
Hi guys,

I can get hold of a holden cruise control arm and apparently the car (VS series II exec) has the connectors already.

Do I just need the actuator in the engine bay to get it working?

I'm guessing if Holden don't make them anymore that a wrecker will be my best bet?

Thanks
Clacks

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Not a major job.

If the wiring loom is already in place (not certain), then the biggest difficulty goes away. My VS S2 Manual with dual SRS and ABS had the loom, but I know many Executives did not.

I bought the Holden Kit, which had everything in it, except a microswitch for the clutch pedal.

The things you will need are as follows:

1) The control arm, which you have.

2) A microswitch for the brake pedal.

3) The actuator in the engine bay.

4) Maybe a bracket to connect the actuator throttle cable.

Clacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
Ok thanks for the great infomation. My car is currently getting resprayed so I'll have a look for the wiring loom when I get it back. I'm driving the in-law's Camry and I'm finding cruise control to be better than I thought.

Regards
Clacks

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
If your interested, I have a loom for power windows and cruise control for a bcm equiped lexcen/commodore that I stripped out of a complete loom and retaped and it has all the lugs you need to just plug and play . It was originally for a mate who wanted these features but later changed his mind.I would like $80 for it to break even.

W

wartisimo

you can usually pick up the indicator stalk with cruise on ebay for around 30-40 bucks -found this out after I paid bout 69 bucks for one from holden -bummer