Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Cruise works but no dash CRS light

Scoobs214

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Sedan S1 6 seater
Hey guys this is my first post. Just bought a 6 seater column shift VS exec sedan and couldn't be happier.
I have a question tho - my cruise control works fine and I hear the click of the relay when it engages, but there is no CRS light illuminated on the dash nor when I set my speed. I also notice if I press the PWR button there's nothing illuminated on the dash either to say it's on. Blinkers, high beams etc all illuminate tho. Is the CRS and PWR dash lights on a similar circuit? Multiple blown bulbs? I haven't pulled the dash yet in case there's something else I can do before that.
Thanks heaps for any help!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'd say that you have multiple bulbs blown. Fairly common on a 20+ year old car.

CRS bulb can be accessed from under the dash without removing the cluster. Pull the fuse door down and look up towards the cluster and you'll see the black bulb retainers, they twist 1/4 turn them can be removed.

Scoobs214

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks ephect for the tip! I'll have a look tmrw. Much appreciated.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
It's bit fiddly to gain access to but it's better than having to mess around with the fascia unnecessarily.

But the CRS bulb is on the RH end so it's not too bad. Now if you have to get to the more centrally located bulbs then that's a real pisser !

Scoobs214

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's bit fiddly to gain access to but it's better than having to mess around with the fascia unnecessarily.

But the CRS bulb is on the RH end so it's not too bad. Now if you have to get to the more centrally located bulbs then that's a real pisser !
haha thanks @vs-lover , I've found it and all good now. Have to now replace the odometer gear, so that's a different story

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Well while the cluster is out for the gear, might as well check all your bulbs

Scoobs214

Reaction score
Members Ride
FYI for anyone changing the emergency dash light bulbs - its a 509T 12v 1.2w bulb.
They are easy to pop in but hard to twist to lock in so just used some needle nosed pliers to rotate them from under the dash.
CRS light working and all is well with that, thanks guys for your help!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Glad you got it sorted

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
They are easy to pop in but hard to twist to lock in so just used some needle nosed pliers to rotate them from under the dash.
CRS light working and all is well with that, thanks guys for your help!
A small 5/16 inch offset spanner is also good for twisting the warning lights. An adjustable spanner is too big to fit in between. An 8 mm (slightly bigger) seems a bit too sloppy for the job.