Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs dash into vn anyone

kyl'svs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS Berlina
just wondering if any ones put a vs dash into a vn or any where that might no what needs to be changed,or any info on it?

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
It can be done but as 1991_Vn2nV says you'll need to change door trims as well.

Also look forward to spending a lot of time rewiring things (windscreen wiper switch, etc) to get it all working

Looks good once it's done though...

guss

Reaction score
Website
users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
VN Calais
Waste of time mate, why dont you just go out and buy a vr-vs if you like them that much, and besides wiring the whole thing would be the biggest headache, and half way through it, you would be like what was i thinking. Its not even worth paying someone to do it, the price would be ridiculous and finding someone to do it would just be hassle, anyway all the best if you decide to do it.

kyl'svs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS Berlina
its not my car its a mates hes a 4th year auto-electrician and he got full vs interior for free, seats door trims carpet roof lining all ready fitted.i wanted to no if any had any tips befor we are half way through putting in the vs dash and find out that somthing dont fit or wont work etc.etc.etc.

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah its been done, pretty sure somone on here has done it... Heard a few stories about it, apparently the wiring is the most time consuming and not everything bolts straight up, sorry couldn't be of more help.

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
a while back i wanted o do it. there is a few bolts that need to be put i think to get i fitted then it is just the wireing which is apparently the hard bit i'll find my thread.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=34908

that might give you some help. in this forum wayno55 and hemipoweredvk have done it that i know of.

A

Azza B

any idea how hard it is to chuck the whole vr dash and console, central locking kit ect from a vr to vn. i got a vr body that i chrashed and a running vn.

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
Waste of time mate, why dont you just go out and buy a vr-vs if you like them that much, and besides wiring the whole thing would be the biggest headache, and half way through it, you would be like what was i thinking. Its not even worth paying someone to do it, the price would be ridiculous and finding someone to do it would just be hassle, anyway all the best if you decide to do it.
I would have to agree with you on that a total waste of time and effort, the VS commodore is a far superior car as well to the VN or VR, VS series 2 has better handling a better engine, i have seen a statesman dash pictures on here going into VS executive i as well thought why bother and the job looked huge , some guy though who had money to burn took him ages , he did a really nice job of his VS executive threw a nice big DONK in her, statesman dash however he did it all really well however looked time consuming, i can see why he wanted a statesman dash in an executive , and if this guy was serious about a dash in a VN if the effort is going in put in the statesman dash, however the work involved man I have a cold sweat thinking about it

Last edited: