Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs dash upgrade

J

jenny-3

hey,

im gonna get rid of my piece of **** non tacho dash,
and i want a statesman dash (with the 3 lcd displays) , i hear that ill have to re wire it to fit,
any one know if its a direct fit? or will i have to dick around?

and anyone know if i can get the odometer changed because i will be buying second hand,

cheers jenny,

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
See this thread

I've done the level 3 dash conversion myself and it was well worth it in my opinion. If you are in Brisbane I will be happy to help for a carton.

You'll need the trip computer buttons, the level 3 cluster, and the instrument cluster loom from a statesman, calais or berlina of the same model.

The cluster itself will work by just pluging it straight in but the trip computer requires the loom to be modified to add the right connectors.

Send a message to Dr Bob... he can change the odometer reading in the level 3 cluster for a fee.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
either that or you could just chuck a level 2 cluster in its a straight fit :D

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
level 2 dash does not have the trip computer

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Level 3 Worth the Effort.

Go for the level 3.

Look for a second hand cluster with about the right kilometres and for a V6/V8 (whichever you have). There are plenty around.

You can get the trip computer buttons new for $40 to $50, or around $25 second hand.

The hard thing to get is the necessary wiring connectors for the trip computer. If you cannot source a VR/VS Berlina/Calais/Statesman harness, I can supply a Holden Part Number for a patch harness that has the necessary connectors - cost around $80.

Have done it myslef, and been very pleased.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn

Attachments

• Dash conversion no picts.doc
    30 KB · Views: 2,099
  • image001 hole.jpg
    image001 hole.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,205
  • glovebox 2.jpg
    glovebox 2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 3,902
Last edited:

seabass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina 3.8 M5
i'm in the middle of doing it, got the loom for $40 and the dash and controll panel for $100.the dash will run untill u wire the trip in. u can't just swap the loom because of the AC swith as you wudn't have climate controll and the switch pack need new wiring. basicly if u get a new loom u can trace the wires for the dash and cut out and put in your loom, u do need to run 1 wire to the computer to get your fuel setting woring tho. do-able tho

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
shaggerz said:
level 2 dash does not have the trip computer

i know level 2 dosent have a trip computer......... but it requires no modification got rpm & smaller numbers which is a hell of a lot better than the disabled looking level 1, hell of a lot cheaper and a hell of a lot less effort than a level 3 :thumbsup:

rompn8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Wagon
Digging this Thread back up for HELP

Hey Guys ... old thread dug up now ... sorry

Ive just done this conversion on my 1997 VS s2 Exec Wagon and everything works fine like it should ...
BUT ... i have the handbrake warning chime constantly going off every minute or two ... how do i stop this, can i bridge a wire out and not use or, or any one know how to wire it up, or anything ....
Thanks in advance guys