Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS dash wiring

oldholdensarebest

oldholdensarebest
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 CV8Z Monaro; 2005 Adventra LX8; 1955 FJ Holde
Hi Everyone

My daughter's 1995 VS Calais has developed a problem with the air conditioner fan in the car; it won't turn off at all despite the switch being turned off and the car locked and alarmed. I have tried to find the fuse to disable it without success. Does anybody know the solution to this problem, or at the very least, where the fuse is so that I can disable the fan? I have located the fuse box in the engine bay and I referred to the wiring diagram on the lid; it indicates that there should be a 15amp fuse to the right hand side above a 10amp fuse. The 10amp fuse is there but no 15amp fuse, and there doesn't appear to be a space available for it. Either something is wrong or the incorrect fuse is there?

Another issue that has crept in over the last couple of months is the left and middle "windows" have stopped working in the trip computer. Any ideas why this has happened, and more importantly, does anyone know the solution to this problem?

All help gratefully received!

oldholdensarebest

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hi Everyone

My daughter's 1995 VS Calais has developed a problem with the air conditioner fan in the car; it won't turn off at all despite the switch being turned off and the car locked and alarmed. I have tried to find the fuse to disable it without success. Does anybody know the solution to this problem, or at the very least, where the fuse is so that I can disable the fan? I have located the fuse box in the engine bay and I referred to the wiring diagram on the lid; it indicates that there should be a 15amp fuse to the right hand side above a 10amp fuse. The 10amp fuse is there but no 15amp fuse, and there doesn't appear to be a space available for it. Either something is wrong or the incorrect fuse is there?

Another issue that has crept in over the last couple of months is the left and middle "windows" have stopped working in the trip computer. Any ideas why this has happened, and more importantly, does anyone know the solution to this problem?

All help gratefully received!

oldholdensarebest

Not sure why the fan is running all the time but you could just un plug it for now where it connects by the top right side of the radiator (I think thats where it is)

The middle screen for the trip computer will be 1 of 2 things - dead segments or broken mount tabs inside the trip computer releasing the required pressure on the lcd pads.

oldholdensarebest

oldholdensarebest
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi 88GreenVN

Thank you for the reply.

The fan inside the car is the one which is going all the time; is the plug at the radiator the plug for the inside fan, or is that plug for the thermo fan?

Thanks
oldholdensarebest

91vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Vr Wagon
Quoteoldholdensarebest
Hi 88GreenVN

Thank you for the reply.

The fan inside the car is the one which is going all the time; is the plug at the radiator the plug for the inside fan, or is that plug for the thermo fan?

Thanks
oldholdensarebest

it will be the fan relay. i had the same problem on a customers vt. ripped out the fan relay and put in a new one. then no problems try that

oldholdensarebest

oldholdensarebest
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi 91vn

Thank you for the information, you are spot on, fixed it yesterday and all is good!

oldholdensarebest