Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS dash wiring

alajhotrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
Just got all i need to change from level 2 to level 3 dash pulled the fasia off took old dash out but can not see where my new wiring loom go's, do i have to pull the dash pad out if so HOW, thank you Allan.:lock:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
You will need to graft in the 4th plug and switch block plug into your executive dash loom.

If you just put the L3 loom in the A/C switch will not work and the head light switch will give you issues too.

Search the "tripin" thread for the how to and wire diagrams.

alajhotrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
Hi 88GreenVN i got a wiring loom on ebay just need to connect 1 wire but i just cannot see the wiring loom with just the dash and fasia off? thanks Allan

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
its located behind the plastic on the plastic behind cluster...its secured by cable ties with clips that stick through holes,,,you need to compress the clips to get the loom out
the yellow in this diagram shows the actual loom
39856d1188826216-tripin-dash-loom.jpg

alajhotrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
Great help

Hi thanks for that its perfect should have car going tomorrow. thank you very much for your help.Allan:surprise:

alajhotrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
Hi got all the wiring in but cannot find where the black/yellow wire that comes from the start of the loom and going over to the left side kick panel What connector does it go in the 1 on the side of the dash panel or the 1beside the ecm or the 1 on top of the ecm Help please onlt need to attach wire and i'm finish Thank you Allan.
JPEG Image

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The yellow black goes to the A2 slot on the engine loom plug under the glove box. It will be the only empty slot for the lug to go into.

alajhotrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
Hi can not find STILL there is 2 connections a large flat 1 and a smaller near squaire 1 which 1 of those is it? thanks Allan.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
it's the clearish white one with the top of each corner clipped at 45 angle. one side will have a yellow black and the other will be empty.

alajhotrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
I must be stupid or blind there is 1 connection on side of dash panel and 2 beside at the top of the ecm and 2 pluged into the ecm am i looking in the wrong place or what? thank you for all your help Allan?