Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Demister Switch (Climate Control models) - click or no click

LXCHEV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais, VS Berlina & LX Torana
Hi all,

Hoping someone with a good operating climate control model VS can help me out with this one:

Rear demister switch on the dashboard of my VS Berlina - when I press it, it doesn't "click" to toggle on and off. With extreme pressure it will sometimes turn on/off without clicking. Figured it was busted. Grabbed a 2nd hand one off ebay - same thing - doesn't "click" - and will only turn on with extreme pressure.
My old man has a spare one from a VR Berlina - I haven't tried that one in the car yet (it's at his house) - but that too, doesn't click.

I have another VS here (non-climate control Executive) - with the standard demister switch (looks the same, but different plug/pins) - and that one clicks on and off with ease.

Have I managed to end up with multiple dodgy switches here, or are the climate controls ones different?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
2 kinds of demister switches
Clickers (press on/off) in the low spec, and timer style (press and delayed auto off) in the higher spec.