Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Diff and rear shocks.

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Hi,
I got my first car two nights ago, 96 Commodore VS Equipe. The car can be rocked sideways at the rear end about 16cm (It does not have IRS). The fuel and temperature gauges are *sticky* they skip up and down. The reading still looks right but it is annoying. How should I go about fixing this? And does anyone know what type of diff it has? I've been told its a locker.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Id say the shocks are stuffed just get some new ones, i think mine cost $120 for both rears. And the diff will only be an open single spinner diff.

Sharpie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp S1 Exec
The panhard rod bushes worn and are easily replaced causing the movement in the suspension. Also the instrument cluster will have to be removed and a unit inside the cluster soldiered to rectify the sticking guages. There is a thread on this in this forum in the vn/vp section

Sharpie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp S1 Exec
from my limited holden know how on a series1 low level cluster they are very similar, i think the left hand indicator runs on another circuit but not sure. i know ive put vr guages into my vp cluster that work a treat!

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Make sure you disconnect the battery before you pull the dash otherwise you may end up setting fault codes.