Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Diff/Axle Isuse's

lo-rolla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1
hey guys,

was driving my car along eastlink the other day (witch is pritty smooth fwy being fairly new) and noticed that some weird vibration's where coming from the back of the car.
for the time i have owned the car when i take off (no matter what condition of road) its vibrates as i throtle but only in 1st gear. as in, the diff sorta feels like it's shaking. now latley its started to do it in 2nd gear aswell.
when i got the car from memory the drivers side rear wheel was buckeled.
and the other was pretty good.

the rims on mine now are not buckeled. there near new been on there for a while now.
i'm leaning towards a ****ed wheel bearing?
But, wondering if any one help out? or if there is a comon problem in the diff etc with the vs's.

lo-rolla.

lo-rolla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1
pulled the axle's out checked all the bearings and there fine. wheels have been re-balanced all fine.
hand checked every nut and bolt in the diff and they where all tight. uni's are all good.

is there anything else anyone can think of?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Is the car IRS or Live? If its IRS then possibly need new bushes? if its live then :confused: best bet to take it to a suspension mob, some places only charge a few dollars for a complete check up:thumbsup:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Mine is a solid rear VS BT1 and has had the 1st and 2nd gear vibration since I bought it 6 years and 140,000km ago so I wouldn't worry about it. Pretty normal if you ask around.
It's to do with the design of the car - read the original road tests when the cars came out and the testers remarked on the harshness and vibration on full throttle in 1st/2nd gear.
If it gets really bad it can be the centre bearing or any of the rear suspension rubbers but like I said it is normal for them the have some vibration.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
centre bearing maybe.or is it lowered you need to drop the centre bearing hanger shims out when you lower them or they do it too

lo-rolla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1
it's been slighty lowered. just low king springs.
well its got all new nolathane bushes in it (whole rear end) so there's no chances of broken rubbers/bushes.