Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs diff wine, Ideas please

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
PM wagon wheel, Im pretty sure he went to a place around Braeside area about his diff (but i could be wrong)

I did check my wheel bearings first, but it was found alter that it was my diff that mae the whine.

Since you say you found alot of metal shavings when you drained it (the oil) Id say your diff is up **** creek.

the_duke

Reaction score
Hey,

all sorted, a place in dandenong is doing a brand new LSD and 3.45 gearing for 1200 cash?

Thanks for all of your help.
Mitchell

Nato B

95' VS Vacationer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
Sounds like your problem is with the rear diff.. have heard of this happening alot.. happened on my auntys car and on my vs before i got it.. the only real solution im pretty sure is a new rear diff..

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Try putting a couple of bananas in it. Good old trick.

popenfresh32

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vs s pac series III uterus
my old man has a lil datsun 1200 ute that we ring its neck out fairly reguarly down at winton motor race way. and that got a marjor wine. so he took it to the diff man. and he said it wasnt the diff it the gear box. but my old man had to get the lsd rebuilt so it all came out. and he found something wrong with the crown pin or something. so he fixxed it and put it back on the track and it stoped. but we also ut baffels in the axels so the oil stayed in the 1 spot goin around corners. and now it fixxed and we still not sure wat the prob was. but ti was definly the diff. just thought i would let u no cuz i can