Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Dings and Dents

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Hey all
I am looking at buying my mothers VS2 Wagon off her sometime soon. There is one small problem however, there is a rather large ugly dent in the left hand rear door. (It was actually me driving it when i had an argument with a gate). Im just wondering if anyones got any rough ideas what it would cost to fix. Ive posted some pics. The damage is quite deep (almost 1cm) but is completely confined to the one door pannel. Im sorry if the photos ar'nt that great because they were takin with my phone. But if anyone has any experience and can give me a rough idea of the cost to fix that would be kewl.

Thanks

Attachments

• Picture(1).jpg
    Picture(1).jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Picture(2).jpg
    Picture(2).jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 236
  • Picture(3).jpg
    Picture(3).jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Picture(4).jpg
    Picture(4).jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 232

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
about 1100-1200 bananas!
quite expensive! depending on the severity of the damage though
ill hope and pray for your sake that the support panels behind the door are ok, otherwise you'll be looking at more!
what they will do is take that skin off (spot welded on as far as i know), brand new door skin, primed, painted and refit it. add labour ontop of this, and u have yourself an expensive operation!
take it down to a few local panel beaters and see what they say! :)
Hope all goes well!

C

clinker1212

Just a thought,

Would you be able to shop around @ wreckers to see whether you could get lucky and find a door in good condition. You never know you might even get the same colour. If not then perhaps the only thing it will need then is a paint job which you will already need if you go to a panel beater.

Just might save you some money.

Clint

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Easy enough to just get a new door, just match the color and your fixed, doors shouldnt be to expensive for a wreckers, or look round for ppl selling stuff off a crashed one.

S

sparkles_vp

Hi, door could be repaired or reskined , repair is cheapest option!
Qoute(repair)

R/R

L/H/R door hardware .8 @ $25/hr($20)

REPAIR

L/H/R door 5.0@25/hr($125)

PAINT

L?H?R door 2.5@$47/hr($117.5)
Mix & match & booth .7($32.9)

MISELANIOUS
E/levy $3
Rustproof $10
D/S/Tape$8

Cost Total $316.40

(door skins are around $100, R/R would be 5.0hrs,add 1.0hr extra to paint inner.Cost $419.90)

Cheers Brendan ;)

T

tommi

hey
i put a ding in my left hand front door (argument with the garage!) anyway i picked up a second hand door for $110 and my brother fitted it for me, and charged only $50 for thr paint job. he works in a panel beaters! despite getting a discount on the fitting and painting, getting a second hand door from wreckers is the best way to go economically.

best of luck!