Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs door problems

Chris6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Wagon
this is hard to explain. the doors on my commy dont lock into position when there opened.
depending on the angle im on they usually click at the first point then keep going till they're wide open
and the slightest bit of wind will usually force the doors to close or open.
there seems to be no grease on any of the doors hinges. all doors do the same thing but drivers door is
the worst. it rather annoying and its my 4th commy and they've all had really solid doors unlike this one.
how would i go about fixing this? just buy grease? should i take the pins out and cover them? any thing i can do?

help appreciated.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
My Commodore has the same problem but I've lived with it. I think you need to remove the door trims and the push the retaining hollow pin from the arm and then it pushes inside the door. Use a mirror to look back at where the 'stay' fits in the door jamb. It is nothing to do with the actual hinges.
Not sure if it is repairable although just about anything can be fixed. Good Luck.