Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS doorlockls stuck on lock

decrepitbirth

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore executive series 2
Hey, i am unsure if someone tampered with car or messy attempt at unlocking or locking car door, but now the automatic unlock button only turns on the interior light, no flashing indicators, the key doesnt fit into the keyhole all the way in like it should, and its set in horizontal position instead of vertical. once i finally got into the car, i still cant unlock any doors, they are stuck locked. any ideas or help please? i have tried taking off the battery but that did not help.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Someone is playing tricks on you and deadlocked the car, insert the key in the door and turn it clockwise till it it vertical again and then re try ur button.

decrepitbirth

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers, i had hoped that was the case, but the deadlock wont budge aye.tried jiggling a little, the bugger wont turn

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
is the drivers side lock in the vertical position or horizontal position? if vertical something else is wrong, if horizontal its deadlocked when they are deadlocked it takes alot more force to turn the key in and out of deadlock.

decrepitbirth

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey, its in the horizontal position, i had thought it was the deadbolt, but its damaged my key trying to turn, from what iv read, deadbolt is activated by turning to the left twice? if that somehow has happened my assumption to unlock is turn to the right? when i tried it confidently my key almost snapped and i had to mold it back into the right shape. having said that, iv tried turning it to the left, iv tried jiggling.for fear of wrecking my key, i think ill have to try a locksmith. cheers for that
update** having spoken to a locksmith, they had never heard of such a problem, and suggested trying to short out the two wires connecting to the lock, behind the door handle. Is anyone able to suggest please where i might find the alarm terminal under the hood? i have been told by the fire wall, but since im a newbie i have no idea what such item look like.

Last edited:

Mystro1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Still sounds like the deadlock is on, did you do this or has someone else activated the deadlock and then buggered up the lock, Thats the only reason i could see you would be unable to unlock it form the inside. (deadlock locks these down from inside or outside its not picky :) )

if you can drive it, it might be worth dropping past a holden service centre and getting them to have a quick look, "generaly" they have been good to me when it comes to locks...

Good luck

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
the key should still go all the way in when it has been deadlocked. If it only goes half way in that is the problem.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Did someone deadlock the car then jam something in the lock? That's what it sounds like. Can you open the car at all? Looks like you will have to remove the lock and clean it out.