Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Drivers door not shutting right

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey Guys,

Have just replaced the Rubber Seal around the drivers side and now my drivers side door will not shut right up. He will shut to the point where it wont move but it is sticking out a bit. Here are some pictures

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

Any Ideas

Cheers

Mumbo Man

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
inside the door (On the car body) there is a loop that the door latch clicks onto, it has two torx screws holding it in, undo the screws slightly, move it in a little and re-tighten, then try to close the door :p

I'm slightly drunk so I cant be more specific, sorry.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Cheers Buddy :) Might go out now and attempt. I know its 8.30 at night but I'm bored.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd go with what DannyboyDS says unless the door striker has never been previously adjusted....if never adjusted new seals should still close....have you shut it "firmly"
I've also heard that some new rubbers are slightly harder than original factory rubbers which may make an adjustment of the striker necessary. Maybe I've also had too many beers as I think I'm writing the same as DannyboyDS.

OzJD

Reaction score
Website
jeltel.com.au
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice V II (V8)
Any ideas? LOL I guess it would be the door rubber :p
Sorry - Havent had ENOUGH beers

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I'd go with what DannyboyDS says unless the door striker has never been previously adjusted....if never adjusted new seals should still close....have you shut it "firmly"
I've also heard that some new rubbers are slightly harder than original factory rubbers which may make an adjustment of the striker necessary. Maybe I've also had too many beers as I think I'm writing the same as DannyboyDS.

you have to watch out doing that :p some wierdo the other day got all shirty with me for writing the same thing as him differntly, as if I had gone out of my way to do it, just an accident tbh.

Anyway following on from that you can always re-check the install and make sure everything is in place, then try to get an eye on the exact point it is fouling at when you close the door, the hinges are ok yeah?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
you have to watch out doing that :p some wierdo the other day got all shirty with me for writing the same thing as him differntly, as if I had gone out of my way to do it, just an accident tbh.

/QUOTE]

I had the same deal when I expanded and simplified another forum members post that was very brief and used highly technical terms. Ah well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Re the door seal:
You can also use a sheet of A4 paper - insert it at various points around the door opening and then shut the door - then pull the paper out - if it is hard to pull it indicates the seal is tight there...or slides out easily means the rubber is barely touching.