Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ecotec and Vy ecotec

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
i do know these are the same motor but were there any revisions made to the motor between the two models?

the vs we own is factory gas and has 400,000km on the clock and still running fine,
now we are looking into trading the tata ute in for a vy s pak ute but it has 276,000km on it

was there any major revision between the two which would possibly make the engine lifes any diffrence

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Engine management received a few revisions giving individual spark control on each cylinder and I think from VX onwards the inlet manifold and injectors were improved giving a 5kW gain in power and 3-4% better fuel economy... the automatic gearbox shift pattern was also revised... not sure of the effect on the life of the engine though

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Engine management received a few revisions giving individual spark control on each cylinder and I think from VX onwards the inlet manifold and injectors were improved giving a 5kW gain in power and 3-4% better fuel economy... the automatic gearbox shift pattern was also revised... not sure of the effect on the life of the engine though

VS Omega is spot on, so basically other than slight differences in the ecu/tuning the main physical difference you will find between these motors is in the inlet manifold, plenum (incorporating an EGR valve), injectors and fuel rail.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
valves i know the valves were and sump were changed to i think

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
cheers fellas:thumbsup: