Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Ecotec engine into vp?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
vt1538 said:
You will need to modify the old VN loom to fit the ecotec engine. The coolant temp & mat sensor will need to be swapped over also. There is a bit of messing around but the speedway guys in W.A. have been doing it with some good results. I am doing one at the moment & will post some pics after I have got it all sorted.

So basically your running the ecotec in group injection mode then, i guess it doesn't matter as the sequencial injection is more of an economy thing really isn't it:wax:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Most people that have the vr computer in the vs seem to get better ecconomy! in batch/group fire than they could before

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
immortality said:
So basically your running the ecotec in group injection mode then, i guess it doesn't matter as the sequencial injection is more of an economy thing really isn't it:wax:
I dont know about the economy side. We only do it as the class wont allow the later model ECU. They believe that it will restrict the horsepower to the equivalent of an EA falcon to bring parity to the class.
I am sure that a good tuner can bring both the economy & the power back if you find it lacking.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
So in your racing you have to run the stock VR memcal?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
i'm sure that tuning the ecu with the MAP sensor gives better results than the VS MAF setup anyway, theirs a reason all the LS1, LS2 guys are doing it:yeah:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
greenfoam said:
So in your racing you have to run the stock VR memcal?
No. We can only run up to the VP memcal.:ranting:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt1538 said:

do you do any "re-tuning" at all or just bolt it in and go etc, waht sorta power/torque you getting from these setups etc i'm considering putting the VN series V6 into a VK cause i didn't want the troublethat the ecotec ECU cuases with needing the car security module etc but if i can run it with the earlier ECU it might be worth the hassle:yeah:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
The class doesnt allow for any recalibrating of the ECM. As for the actual power figures I will be getting in touch with a guy in WA again shortly that will have some. I will post them up when they are made available to me.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
vt1538 said:

Nice, sounds like there is an advantage to be had by finding the most agressive stock tune :), the HSV tunes not allowed I suppose?. Still some of the early VN ones would be your friend

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
greenfoam said:
Nice, sounds like there is an advantage to be had by finding the most agressive stock tune :), the HSV tunes not allowed I suppose?. Still some of the early VN ones would be your friend
Originally they said that I could use the ASBY memcal from the SV3800 but now they have canned that. I am on the lookout now for the BABR 3575 or BAAM0265 which they are getting good results from in WA.
Which of the early VN memcals are you talking about? It would be good to compare them on a dyno to the later ones I just mentioned.