Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ecotec engine

shadowdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing atm
hi, :yeah:

I know that the struts from a vs wont fit in a vl but struts from vp will but the problem is will a vs ecotec engine fit onto vp engine mounts to fit into a vl?.....so vs ecotec engine siting on brackets and suspension from a vp in a vl?..its hard for me to explain :bang: but if someone understand and can help. . . btw iam talking about the v6 engines..thanks in advance.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
yeah should work

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2, VL 5sp Berlina Wagon
ROFL sounds like an extreme pain in the A$$ for not many benefits.

Why are you doing that if you dont mind me asking?

Unconnected

Reaction score
Members Ride
Impreza/Redline VF soon
wow punctuation would help, imo its kinda a waste of time, sure you will have more power. but the ratio of effort:power gains is pretty ****, why not just get a V8 or rebuild the standard VL engine with a turbo / other performance parts.

shadowdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing atm
i was going for the ecotec v6 out of a vs commodore because they trustworthy and fuel eficiant(spelling) and do have power,after mods it would have around 300-400 hp and thats what iam after.I also want something diffrent and after full respray and clean-up maybe a summernat or somthing..But i cant drop a v8 in untill iam 24 or something (new P plate laws) and v8 maybe would use a tad more fuel then v6..well thanks for replys.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
have seen this done before, and it drives alot better than the RB engines, of course unless its the RB30ET