Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ecotec hard to start engine cold

baza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss 2003 auto sedan
today i put a new fuel filter on , and also replaced the TPS and the coolant temp sensor .[ GMH f*****g xpensive ] . and i took the vacumn hose off the fuel pressure regulator no petrol came out so thats ok. i wont know how it is till 2morrow , when i can do a cold start.

baza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss 2003 auto sedan
today i put a new fuel filter on , and also replaced the TPS and the coolant temp sensor .[ GMH f*****g xpensive ] . and i took the vacumn hose off the fuel pressure regulator no petrol came out so thats ok. i wont know how it is till 2morrow , when i can do a cold start.
did a cold start this morning , still the same really , took about 15 seconds of cranking b4 it started, anyone got any more ideas? the car has a Greenfoam memcal in it and uses 95 premium unleaded fuel . should i try some injector cleaner , or should i put the standard memcal back in ?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
does the fuel pump prime before starting the car

Homerjace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Im also having trouble cold starting my v8 vs, has anyone fixed their problem yet??

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
You need fuel/spark and air to go bang, so one of those is missing in the morning or in excess. Spark wont happen if CAS/DFI or wiring is faulty or a spark plug or lead is at fault, for fuel a leaking injector/s, overnight fuel pools in the cylinder making it hard to ignite in the morning. Wont be fuel filter otherwise it'd do it all the time. Fuel pump anti drain maybe bad so even though it primes it still hasn't built up enough fuel pressure as overnight it has all drained out of the lines, try priming the pump a few times and see if that helps.

You said the CAS was replaced, was it replaced with a Genuine Delphi? As the aftermarkets are pretty poor quality ive found.

If injectors are a problem you can check the link in my sig i can do lab quality testing and cleaning on them or possibly sell you a pre done set.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
does it blow black smoke once started and engine stumbles and runs rough then clears and runs fine until next cold start ?