Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ecotec leaning out

kyevswagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon 5sp
i have a problem with my vs wagon 5sp with the engine leaning out or missing at 4k or above i have just replaces cas,cam sensor,dfi modual,coil packs yet when i really put the boot into it im thinking it might be faulty fuel pressure reg or injetctors or pump not keeping up

anyone got ideas?

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Did you check for codes. bridge pins 5,6
Check the fuel rail pressure. pressure should go up when accelerating and go back down when at idle. This will show the fuel reg is working. There are specs though. the rail must have a certain pressure. i forget what the figure is. could also be the fuel filter blocked or the pump on it way out.
Also check the MAF sensors and oxygen sensor.

kyevswagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon 5sp
ive changed the oxy sensors not long ago might have a look at the fuel pressue i had an auto elec have a look clamped the return line and it pulled to the rev limiter took it off and only went to bout 4k

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
ive changed the oxy sensors not long ago might have a look at the fuel pressue i had an auto elec have a look clamped the return line and it pulled to the rev limiter took it off and only went to bout 4k

Sounds like the fuel pressure reg

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
I was going to say it sounds like a fuel pump, had exactly the same symptoms as you are getting a couple of months ago, cruising would be fine but as soon as you put the boot in it would miss, backfire, cough and fart
Turned out that the fuel pump was not pumping enough pressure

kyevswagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon 5sp
only just serviced it 1500ks ago all filters n stuff changed im thinking fuel pump sounds like the problem

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
definitely fuel system from that test (clamping return line) I'd say, not a sensor.

Start cheapest/easiest:

• fuel filter
  • fuel pressure regulator

then if those fail, .....

• fuel pump

edit, just read last post, probably safe to disregard filter

kyevswagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon 5sp
still having the problem but ruling out the fuel pump out as a was driving around Saturday night at could not get it to do it i checked all the code n got 47 an 49 which lead me to belive it might have something to do with the wireing to the sensor itself really starting to give me the **** n starting to really chew threw petrol