Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Ecotec Modifications/rebuild

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did have VS Berlina now have VT Berlina
okay i came across a little bit of a problem today when i went to put the conrods to the crankshaft as i had to use the bolts from the VS conrods they wouldn't fix on the VX ones so im going to have to clean the VS pistons and swap the new piston rings over to them and use them now got a big shopping list for tomorrow

MACE

Reaction score
okay i came across a little bit of a problem today when i went to put the conrods to the crankshaft as i had to use the bolts from the VS conrods they wouldn't fix on the VX ones so im going to have to clean the VS pistons and swap the new piston rings over to them and use them now got a big shopping list for tomorrow

Are you 100% sure? Maybe the bolts were damaged, please confirm this when you can

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
The to bolts on the side are the VS ones the one in the middle is the VX i cant use the VX ones as when i tried to get them undone the first time i rounded most of them where is i didn't with the VS ones

6230042420_a769e262e5_z.jpg

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
""NEED""
engine oil
gearbox oil
brake fluid
coolant
couple of water pipes
radiator
02 sensors
spark plugs
double row timing chain
105lb springs
exhaust
extractors

""WHEN I GET SOME MORE $$""
rocker's 1.9:1
manifold spacer and insulator

""Do i really need these?""
Valve Locks
Valvespring Retainers

MACE

Reaction score
Looks like you’re well planned for the rest of the build

Some of the service items are straight forward so there is no need for us to elaborate on. Will make a couple of constructive comments, in regards to the aftermarket/performance items though

""NEED""
double row timing chain
<<ONLY use a rollmaster item!>>
105lb springs <<if you’re going a double row chain set then go the 130lb springs instead>>
Exhaust <<brands are subjective, I’m usually a fan of a redback systems>>
Extractors <<can get away with using your factory headers if you’re on a budget>>

""WHEN I GET SOME MORE $$""
rocker's 1.9:1
<<will not work with the supplied cam. Would need something like a 1.75:1 item instead which we can supply>>
manifold spacer and insulator <<ideal combo would be a 12mm plenum and a 25mm manifold insulator (depending on space). Fortunately can easily be installed at a later stage>>

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does any one know if HITECH EXTRACTORS are any good as i can get a pair pretty cheap.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
I have hi techs on my VR, an improvement over stock and ok for the price, but there are better brands out there